02 silverado knock sensor problem

I have an '02 silverado with the 4.8l engine and I am getting a P0332 code "knock sensor signal frequency outside normal range". I have cleared it several times but it comes back withing a few minutes. Does
this mean the sensor is bad or is it telling me the engine is knocking? The sensor is under the intake manifold so it is a faily big job to replace it. What else should I look at? Thanks for any help.
Try to listen for a spark knock. A spark knock should sound like a pinging noise, or sometimes, a faint but distinct rattling noise within a combustion chamber. If you hear this, your sensor is right and you need to start diagnosing spark knock problems, of which can be caused by EGR problems, carbon buildup, or other contaminants entering the cylinder. Also, Im surprised its located under the intake manifold. Common sense says its on the lower part of the block!