02 Z24 ac noise

I think your kid or you dropped a Pokemon card down the vent.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I have an 2002 Z24 when I turn on the ac or defrost it makes a noise like something was stuck in a bicycle tire but as soon as I turn it off the noise goes away any thoughts?

Reply to
Kevin

anyone?

Reply to
Kevin

I have had similar with my 01 Sunfire - my husband usually find leaves or other debris that has worked it's way down past the bottom of the windshield. You might want to check there.

Reply to
Jan

thanks but I think its dirt or something like that in the clutch of the a/c that it making all the noise

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
ROY BRAGG

Reply to
leonard bailey

I think folks were all working on the idea that you had something in the fan mechanism. Now you are suggesting the AC clutch. It could be. Maybe your clutch is failing or the level is low. PS. My brother's Ranger AC clutch was slipping and he slipped a matchbook cover in there. I 'm not suggesting anybody else try it.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Just look at it with the AC on. You can observe the clutch slip or go in and out. You can also hear any extra noise. But some noise is expected. It's the in and out, engaging and disengaging too rapidly that suggests a problem.

Reply to
Al Bundy

You might want to check the cooling fan under the hood. It automatically comes on when you select a/c or defrost. Perhaps something is sticking into the fan blades.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai