03 Bravada "hesitation"

I've got an 03 Bravada with about 15K miles.

Upon moderate acceleration (pedal 1/2 the way down) there is a very regular "hesitation" at regular intervals. It also comes with a sound, which sounds like going over expansion joints on a concrete road, although the road in all cases has been asphalt.

Dealer says this is "normal backpressure" in the transmission and there is a TSB out on it indicating it is normal.

Anyone have this experience?

TIA.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Did they give you the TSB number, or a copy of the bulletin? Many of the bulletins that I've seen that tell the dealer that a condition is normal and not to attempt repair, advise them to share the bulletin with the customer.

I'm not seeing any TSB that jumps out as being related to your problem - there is one about a possible normal clunk noise on a 3-2 or 2-3 shift, number 01-07-30-042A, but I don't know if that's what you're describing. There's also one, 03-06-04-057, "Intermittent Hesitation, Stumble or Idle Stall after Soak, Harsh 1-2 Shift, Slipping 1-2 Shift Followed by a Harsh Engagement (Reprogram PCM)", but I don't know if that's it either.

Reply to
Robert Hancock