'03 Impala scorching dash

Now that the weather is heating up I've noticed that the dashtop of my Impala reflects quite a bit of heat, which mainly ends up in my face. I noticed this in a '00 Intrigue as well. Both have grey interiors, I'd
say a medium gray color. Is there a simple solution to this? I was thinking of a light colored/fabric dashboard cover, or maybe getting the top edge of the window tinted... It's not a terrible burn but it is noticeable enough to annoy. Blasting the a/c in my face takes care of symptoms but I dont want to be a full time a/c user this summer so I'm looking for a feasible solution. Thanks for any ideas.

Interior temps can be quite a problem here in Southern Arizona. Like many, I bought a fitted fabric dashboard cover. Definitely cuts down on glare. BUT You get a "blanket effect". ( it holds the heat in ) Put your hand under the cover, and it's hotter than a fry-pan. So, if your intent is to protect the dash from heat cracks/deterioration, I don't think it'll work.
I'm going to try putting aluminum foil under the cover to see if it'll reflect some of the infra-red... ????
<rj>