04 Blazer radiator drain

The shop manual (GM Factory books) say open drain cock and drain radiator.... How does it open?? I see a small groove in one side - does it have a plug that turns and comes out??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
snipped-for-privacy@farm.net wrote:

Push in and twist. They tend to STICK and be a PIA if you haven't opened them in a while.
Oh and don't expect the drain to come close to draining straight down, The usual path is down the frame and dripping everywhere... The way around that is to connect a hose over the drain. Have fun.
--
Steve W.

I can feel no slot inside the "drain" is it a torx or hex? I'm sure it will be a real mess!!!!
snipped-for-privacy@farm.net wrote:

Sounds like someone already "helped" you. Some had ears, they like to break off. Others have a hex and some have a crossed slot. Grab a mirror for a better look.
--
Steve W.

I don't think this has ever been touched. It's fairly tight up in there so I will get a small mirror to try to see inside the short (1.25 inch long) tube.
snipped-for-privacy@farm.net wrote:

Easier access is to pull the tire and lift the rubber splash guard out of the way. If you're doing a flush/fill it is easier to slowly pull the lower hose.
--
Steve W.

I was thinking of doing that, it's just that the hose doesn't look like it's the low point of the radiator. But I guess that after a couple of fill & drain cycles it should be cleared out. I lifted the rubber flap and took off the plastic front cover but there is no "easy" access.... they just don't make 'em easy to work on anymore!!!!
Despite that, I still like my GMs.
Thanks for all of the info.... I'll just end up pulling the lower hose. The next trick is to catch the coolant!!!!