04 Cavalier After Market stereo Question

I recently purchased a 04 Cavalier and I am very happy with it, except the stereo was not able to play my MP3 cds. I used the Scosche GMT2049 installation kit and purchased a wiring harness from Best buy ( I do not have door chimes anymore, but who cares) But I have to admit I am not very happy with the results how the front of the stereo sticks out. It is pushed in all the way, but sticks out about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Has anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
bdeditch

yes, a coupla years ago with my 99 sunfire.

The factory radio isnt as deep as an aftermarket radio, thus there is a backing plate that forces the stereo out farther.

I guess you could dremel it out and then get a GM mounting kit that allowed for more space in the back, like the 95-99 Monte Carlo mounting bracket.

Reply to
Paradox

Was the original radio a 1.5 DIN? Seems like all the adapters to put a 1 DIN radio in stick out and on my 99, my knee hits it:(

Al

Reply to
Big Al