04 lasabre speedo

hi,
i hope you can help me with a strange problem. my 04 lasabre custom's speedo is broken. it generally doesnt work but if it moves at all, it
isnt where it should be. it was a bit over 36k mile warrrenty and the dealer wouldnt say he would warrenty the work so i wont bring it to him, (or more business for that matter). any ideas/hints?
the car is also the most fuild hungry, (oil, antifreeze, brake fluid), machine i have ever owned, (i have had various ones from england from the 60's - 70's)...is this common?
i loved my 98 bonnieville.
tia, peter

Not a clue, but I had a warranty problem with only two years, but at 40k with a non-moving part (seat heater) and GM would not fix it. That is one reason I bought a Hyundai. Don't expect any help.

Very unusual from my experience. I have 120,000 on my LeSabre. I change oil at 7500 miles and only once did I have to add any between changes. Still has the same anti-freeze level, brake fluid, but the trans fluid was replaced when the tranny crapped out.
Everyone has the right to like and

*This newsgroup is not sponsored by GM, and it is not an insult to call a spade a spade. Nobody on here is apparently a cheerleader for GM except for Mike Hunt.
If Toyota has offended you, then let your voice be heard.

What is the point in coming to a newsgroup only to insult what it represents. It is called 'trolling'.

Mike is an idiot, but I, as well as many others on here, will buy GM and only GM.

I have never owned one, I just don't like the look of any of them. If you like them, fine, I don't.

No, it isnt trolling. This is a discussion newsgroup, not a cheerleading newsgroup. Most of us on here own, or have owned, GM cars. We still own two of them.
I am concerned at the problems we have had with them over recent years, and at the general lack of support from GM in getting the problems resolved.
I will feel free to discuss their failings as well as their strong points. They still DO have some strong points, particularly compared with some Fords and Chryslers.

Having dealt with GM on various levels, I'd think they would help with something as critical as a bad speedo when miles was up but time still effective. Take it to a cooperating dealer, STAY on good terms with the service manager, and ask for help. Worst case should be you both asking for the exception thru the zone rep. Much easier to get exceptions here than when time is up but miles is still in effect. I've gotten things warrantied with your situation like trannies, underdash electronic temp.sensors on heater/ac systems, whining differentials, and intake manifold leaks(one of these was the OTHER situation where time had been up for 2 years, but mileage was just a tad over 20K--a '95 Olds Royale I had sold to a lady who was 87 when we experienced the leak that locked the engine). Luck to you. Remember to stay cool; the service manager at 'another' dealership is your friend. s

The zone rep used to be a big help for clients. The last time I tried to contact a GM zone rep, I couldnt find one, and assumed GM had obsoleted the position. Do they still exist?

When I had a similar warranty problem, I wrote to the regional office that was listed in the manual. They were a big help. They suggested instead of a $560 repair, I should buy a new car and they'd give me a few bucks off. Made a lot of sense to dump a two year old car and spend $30,000 because a $15 dollar part could not be replaced.
sdlomi2 wrote:

didnt think of the zone rep...maybe this is the way to go. thanks, peter

Hi, Peter, remember to NOT directly go above the already-uncooperative dealership's head. Do it through ANOTHER dealership. One needs all the backup he needs. s
peter wrote:

well i went to another dealership who. while more pleasent said no warrenty no assistance, $100 diag fee tho :). i am going to bring it to a tech school and see what they say. thanks and ttfn, peter,