04' Saturn Vue "Service Engine Soon" light on but no scanned OBDII codes ??

04' 4-cylinder 5-spd manual 113,000 miles. Service Engine Soon (not the wrench symbol) light on. Scanned for codes via OBDII hand-held scanner and return results were "PASS" no codes found. Disconnected
the battery for 15+ minutes and the light went off. Next day light came back on.......scanned the OBDII and still "PASS" no codes found.
Should there not be a stored Pxxxx code that illuminates the dash light ?
The way I read the owner's manual, the Service Engine Soon light is not an OBDII indicator light. The vehicle has a separate Malfunction Indicator Light that illuminates when there is an OBDII related problem. I suspect you need a different / more elaborate code reader to retrieve the codes associated with the service engine soon light. I wish I still had the Vue Service Manuals, but I sold those when I sold the vehicle. You need to find a scanner that can read the GM specific fault codes.
Ed

The oil change light is different and is reset via the red "button" under the fuse cover inside the engine compartment ?