'05 Buick Lacrose steering noise

Hi,
Recently I can hear some kind of whooshy noise when I'm turning my car. Something like robotic noise from Star Wars. Anyone has the same problem?
Can be fixed? Additionally I have cracking noise from steering wheel which really make me mad.
Yep, apparently that is a common problem. Has something to do with steering shaft (hey! I'm not a mechanic OK?). It can be fixed. There is a bulletin from GM on it. They fixed mine pretty quickly and I haven't had any problems since. Liz

Positive responses like yours are always welcome on this board, Liz.

Well my car is in dealership for fixing. They will replace rack and pinion. After 37k km:( (but is better than after 60k when warranty would be expired)