05 Buick Lacrosse questions???

Have some qustion about my new car
Under the windshield next to the remote receiver there is one red light. What for is that ligth?
If there is no passenger, belt reminder light is on. Shouldn't it be off?
How to close car and not to arm the alarm?
Thanks
I am not familiar with this make, but belt reminder light should come on if driver's belt is unbuckled. There is an air bag off light on some models if the passenger seat is empty. To close car without arming alarm do not lock the door before closing or lock them manually. Roy

Congratulations on your purchase.

As far as I know, it is a theft deterrent. It blinks.

The seat belt reminder is usually for the driver's seat belt.

Lock the doors manually.
wrote in message

It is just a theft deterrent. Supposedly, 'bad guys' see it and won't steal your stereo.

Probably a bad seat belt sensor. I have seen many cars keep the 'seat-belt light' on even when the seat-belts are being used. Not a big deal.