'05 Impala parking brake

just curious, does the parking brake on the '05 Impala work like a Corvette where there are little shoes inside the rotor hat, or is the parking brake mechanism inside the caliper itself? I had my oil changed
yesterday and asked them to look at the e-brake mechanism because it didn't seem to be working (pedal went to floor without discernable braking effect) now I have a parking brake again but I also have a rhythmic brake draggy noise at low speed from the RR corner. Just wondering whether it's a simple matter of backing off the shoes a tad or if this likely means my caliper is hosed.
thanks,
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.