'05 Impala parking brake

just curious, does the parking brake on the '05 Impala work like a Corvette where there are little shoes inside the rotor hat, or is the parking brake mechanism inside the caliper itself? I had my oil changed yesterday and asked them to look at the e-brake mechanism because it didn't seem to be working (pedal went to floor without discernable braking effect) now I have a parking brake again but I also have a rhythmic brake draggy noise at low speed from the RR corner. Just wondering whether it's a simple matter of backing off the shoes a tad or if this likely means my caliper is hosed.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

N8-the e-brake shoes are inside of the brake rotor. The set-up is very similar to the vettes. I doubt, esp. on a 05 that you have a caliper problem..I would be looking/adjusting those e-brake shoes. Look closely in there-thats probably where the problem lies. Good luck- jp

Reply to
blazerman