06 Impala Oil Filter Question

About to do the 1st oil & filter change on our 06 Impala 3900 vin code '1' engine. Owners manual says to use an acdelco PF61. Local (Canadian) dealer says: "sorry pf61 not available in Canada, use a PF59C instead". Am I being told the straight goods??

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Hmmm, I would just go get myself a Wix 51522 or the equivalent NAPA Gold

1522. GM is outsourcing the AC-Delco line to an unknown number of companies these days and there is IMO no longer any reason to stick with the original filter.

That said, both the PF61 and the PF59 cross to a Wix 51522, so I would bet that your dealer is telling it straight.

John

Reply to
John Horner