07 Cobalt ambient temp sensor....

Bought this 2007 Cobalt w/24,000 miles on it, but it has been wrecked with a new front clip. (passenger headlight, hood, and bumper cover replaced). On the DIC, the odometer screen which should also
show the outside temperature only shows three bars (---), so I'm assuming that the sensor is destroyed, missing, or unplugged. I'm trying to find a OEM service manual for it, but in the meantime can someone tell me exactly where the sensor is located? Any help is very appreciated. BTW, I REALLY like this car! Good job GM.
Deke
At 24k isn't it under warrenty? Warrenty is 3 year 36k miles unless it was wrecked.. I have an 06 and 06 manual but it should be the same. The senser is to the left of the left headlight. You have to pull the left headlight to get to it. You can get the GM service manual from www.helminc.com . It is around $125 but if you plan on servicing it yourself it is indispensible.

Well, since the OP said it was wrecked, I'd guess the warranty is basically a non-issue! What he may want to do is to go back to whoever replaced the front clip and have them fix the problem which they probably (accidently) caused.

Thanks for the reply PeterD. I'm in talks with the rebuilder.
Deke

Thanks Woody!
By left side I'm assuming that you mean the drivers side. And since it was wrecked, and purchased with a salvage title, there is no warranty. On the other hand, I only paid 7 grand for it, with 24,000 miles, so I'm happy. Blue book, and other local dealers wanted around 10,000 for the same car with the same mileage. Its been around 17-20 degrees in SW Missouri for the last couple weeks, so as soon as it warms up a bit, I'll do some investigating. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Deke

You paid 7K for a wrecked car worth 10K? That was fixed, right?

OK, demand at least $2K refund for that major defect... <bg>
Really, did they have a chance to look at it. I'll bet the sensor was lost and they didn't even realize it was ever there. I did have that happen once on a vehicle when one mechanic unplugged it, and the guy who finished the job didn't realize it was even there.
Of course the harness *could* be bad too, but all in all not a difficult system to diagnose.