1:15 p.m. How to change waterpump in '95 Century 3100 3.1 ?

Replaced wheelbearing last week, now the waterpump goes it looks like, some antifreeeze dripping down from under powersteering fluid holder area....
thanks
Autozone.com/repairinfo, good info for this job.

-
Any idea if i will have to replace the SERPENTINE belt.? I replaced it in the last couple years..it looks good still.. Don't know yet if i have to take the serpentine belt off or not.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Oh, you'll have to take the serp belt off, but whether you replace it or not is up to you.
A 3.1 water pump is very easy. Loosen the pump pulley bolts "before" you remove the belt, take the belt off, remove the pump pulley, remove the 5 bolts that hold the water pump in place, remove pump, clean gasket surface and reinstall the new pump. It doesn't get much easier then these water pumps.
Ian
Sounds good, thanks.
Just thought.........
after i remove the pulley bolts,
won't the belt still be tight?
Did you go the suggested site where all the details are???

-
Shep wrote:

--------------yes, AUTOZONE.....good stuff. I just happen to think, what i was forgetting was how i would get the play needed to remove the belt some, talked to the resident genius here, we remembered we used a leverage device that would go into one of the pulleys and then you pull it some, and get the play needed. Thanks for the AUTOZONE info.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sorry, I assumed that if you are asking how to remove a water pump, you would understand how a belt tensioner works.
My bad.
Ian