Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Monte Carlo Exhaust/Nova Scotia MVI
I'm in the process of preparing my car for its annual Nova Scotia safety inspection and when I was rolling around on the creeper underneath the car, I noticed the joint is starting to split on the...
5
5

Asians will capture more share of U.S. output, CSM says
Asians will capture more share of U.S. output, CSM says News April 22, 2009 - 11:59 am ET DETROIT -- Asian automakers will increase their share of North American vehicle output as production slowly...

Truck Radiator Leak - HELP
I've just discovered a radiator leak in my 97 GMC 1/2 ton in the oddest place. It appears to be leaking where the transmission line makes a connection at the top drivers side of the radiator. The nut...
5
5

How to Build a Hydrogen Gas Generator - Increase Your Gas Mileage
How to Build a Hydrogen Gas Generator - Increase Your Gas Mileage...

Innovation project, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Austria
Hello there! First of all, please don=92t be upset if you get this message more than once, this could be because you are in more than one google group. I am desperately trying to contact people from...

Down the Toilet: U.S. to give Chrysler, GM new aid
Down the Toilet: U.S. to give Chrysler, GM new aid (Reuters) ? The Obama administration will make about $500 million available to Chrysler LLC through the end of this month as it seeks to reach an...

Dealers prepare for worst if GM files Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Dealers prepare for worst if GM files Chapter 11 bankruptcy ? Experts are advising car dealers to start preparing themselves for the very real possibility that General Motors (GM) files for bankruptcy...
7
7

Poor man Fuel Efficiency technique revealed!
Do not disconnect your alternator to reduce electrical load like this guy: charges his battery separately before driving. That's one inconvenience, there is one big problem, in 1-2 hours your car will...
5
5

Pontiac GP wiper blades
I tried to change the wiper blades and the manual says to turn the ignition to ACC, turn on the wipers till they are in the upper position, then turn off ignition to stop them there. I couldn't get...
4
4

Why GM Shouldn't Fail (and why hybrids are crap)
I just returned from a 700 mile trip up and across NY State. It included mountainous terrain and an average speed of 70+ mph (with the A/C on). I got 28 mpg all told. What I find amazing is that this...
53
53

Motorcycles not Scooters...
So this is a subject of being frugal in the city when gas is $5 a gallon... Now a scooter beginning at 50cc engine size gets good fuel mileage but poor performance. And a scooter has small wheels and...
8
8

LeSabre climate control system
I have a 2001 LeSabre. This winter the driver's side had hot air, the passenger side had cold air. Since the car was not being driven I figured I'd worry about it in the better weather and I'd have...

U.S. ‘Cash-For-Clunkers’ Plan May Cov er Overseas Cars (Update1)
But, the objectives are not to keep old cars on the road. The tree huggers only want newer cars on the road (less pollutants). The economic side is, the business models of the car companies require...
5
5

Brake lines how long do they last?
I've had cars that were 15+ years old and I've never replaced a brake line. About a month ago, a woman at work had to replace a corroded brake line on her '01 Taurus. Today, I replace a brake line on...
5
5

Re: Good GM/Bad GM
GM USA? GM Europe 's being delivered. if 180bhp from a 1.9L 4 pot just isn't enough to meet your requirements.
9
9