Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
and that is because people are stupid sheep that listen to idiots that write rags like consumers report that say those jap crap cars are the best thing since buttered bread. so they go out and buy the...
2
2

1991 S15 Jimmy dash question
Sorry for an incredibly stupid question, but I need to replace the blower switch in my 1991 S15 Jimmy. The Chilton's manual I have makes no mention of how to remove the trim piece that houses the AC...
3
3

Electro-Shock therapy for GM
"With the Chevy Volt, General Motors ? battered, struggling for profitability, fed up with being eclipsed by Toyota and the Prius ? is out to reinvent the automobile, and itself..." The Atlantic...
1
1

1996 GMC Jimmy Brake Problems
I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy, and I believe I am having problems with the brakes now. It seems that when I have to press them hard (to stop suddenly) they grab, let-go, grab, let-go, and all while it is...
1
1

GM: The Taxpayer Giveth, The Taxpayer Taketh Away
GM: The Taxpayer Giveth, The Taxpayer Taketh Away to politicians [bought and paid-for], The Big 2.8 are looking at a nice little earner courtesy of, well, you. The Detroit News provides the gory...

Camaro covertible is delayed
Camaro convertible delayed. No Z 28 either
1
1

Airbag Light
Occasionally, my airbag malfunction light comes on. If I restart the car it generally goes out. The manual states that if it resets the way I mention above it's no big deal but I wonder. Is it worth a...
1
1

'98 Olds CES light, stumbling
'98 Olds LSS, 3800 N/A. Again. Currently my CES light is on, throwing a fairly constant P0300 random/multiple misfure and an occasional P0442 small leak in evap system. On the way home today at...
3
3

Cobalt 2007 cruise control
When the cruse control is set the message "Cruise Engaged" appears but it disappears after a few seconds. The owner's manual does not specify if this should remain on for as long as the system is...
2
2

Intel CEO Calls for 10M Plugins
JOSE, California -- Plug-in hybrids are a great way to ease our oil addiction and do something about global warming. But it's taken 10 years for conventional hybrids like the iconic Toyota Prius to...

air filter replacement - 3.8L 1997 Grand Prix
Can anyone offer some hints? I struggle each time I need to replace the air filter. Opening the cannister and removing the intake doesn't come close to allowing removal or replacement of the filter. I...
1
1

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
Not to start another rant, but J.D. Powers will rank highly whoever pays them. That's why you see the auto company ads stating "Best vehicle of the year according to JDP" and 4 different companies...
1
1

oil price in free fall
For a while it looked like the law of supply and demand was not working. I guess the oil price level finally reached too high. Lets hope it will fall all the way down to reasonable level. I also wish...
37
37

Toyota beats GM in worldwide sales in first half
Toyota beats GM in worldwide sales in first half July 23, 9:01 am ET Toyota beats General Motors in worldwide sales in first half of 2008 as US sales slump DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp...
1
1

the car
To me it looks a lost like my car - 2002 Oldsmobile AURORA