Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

steering wheel question - need quick answer
I'm looking at the "classic wood" steering wheel on this page: a gift for someone with a truck that currently has a Grant steering wheel on it. Question is, is this also a Grant wheel or do I need to...
3
3

GM plans deeper cuts
GM plans deeper cuts (AP) -- General Motors Corp.'s top managers are working on additional restructuring measures to deal with a declining U.S. auto market and an accelerated shift from trucks to more...

GM Cash Burn: $1b Per Month
GM Cash Burn: $1b Per Month Wall Street Journal [sub] has been busy reporting CEO Rick Wagoner's new new turnaround plan, which looks an awful lot like his last turnaround plan, which is based on the...

Failure is Possible
Failure is Possible people don?t care [about high gas prices].? Bob Lutz? statement? made during the launch of GM?s new SUV?s in August 2005? encapsulates the automaker?s history of arrogance,...
10
10

Cobalt 4th gear question
I have a 2007 Cobalt sedan with 2.2L engine and four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. I rarely drive over 35mph and the 4th gear engages at 40mph. Is it possible to change this...
3
3

Re: OT? The 2010 Camaro!
I guess we can assume he never heard of the Tri-Axes agreement. When did Bosnia attack us, by the way?

Re: OT? The 2010 Camaro!

94 Chevy 1500 p/u ign switch
The other day my shift lever would not come out of park; eng running but finally it did. A few times since the ign. switch would not turn to crank. The other day my wife was driving it, the power...
2
2

2003 Cavalier serpentine belt replacement
I want to change out the belt, but it doesn?t seem like there is much room to manuever around where the belt is. Has anyone done this and have any tips? Thanks
1
1

OT:The oil price crisis: Not so difficult to understand
Hi fellows I got this from a friend yesterday. I don't know if it makes any sense at all or if you already heard or read this in the news but here it is, submitted without comment: Thursday, May 22,...

4t65e rwb replace with rnb
My dad has a 2000 buick Centry with a 4t65e transmission. The identification plate in the transmission says it is a RW model. He has a lead on a used transmission from a 2000 centry, 4t65e, but it is...

GM Seek Tax Break to Lower the Chevrolet Volt's $40,000 Expected MRSP
At $40K or more there is no way normal people could afford to buy the Volt. GM must be intending for the Volt to be DOA at that price unless they get their welfare from Congress. Volt=EV-1=DOA GM Seek...
18
18

1997 Buick Regal electrical problem
I am having an intermittent battery light indication on my 97 Regal. The electrical system was inspected Friday and all is well; charging level is 14.2 volts. This battery light occasionally comes on...
6
6

Oil: A global crisis
The Iraq War means oil costs three times more than it should, says a leading expert. How are our lives going to change as we struggle to cope with the $200 barrel? Geoffrey Lean reports

Re: OT? The 2010 Camaro!
I guess it all depends on WHICH pre-production Camoro one it looking. The first was, like the Caddie sports car, built a corvette chassis/frame. The one on display at the recent auto shows was build...