Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I did it !! 2002 Monte Carlo lower Intake Manifold Gasket replacement
I did it !! Finally finished replacing the lower intake manifold gasket. Not an easy DIY job for the first time, especially on an engine I've never worked on before, but I can see how it would be...
1
1

More Power??
Im looking to get more power out of my stock 305 engine. It has the 4bbl quadrajunk carb. Are there any inexpensive mods or anything that I can do for next to free to give it more power? Thanks
19
19

GM's "Two-Tier" wage system
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could enlighten me on the subject of the latest UAW-General motors contract. The thing I don't understand is the two-tier wage's. From my understanding new "non-core"...
2
2

Quality leads to poor dealers
"Newfound reliability has dealers losing money on warranty work. The National Automobile Dealers Association estimates dealers currently lose $30 on every new car they sell They make up the difference...
2
2

Fuel consumption at idle?
Does anyone know the actual fuel consumption when an engine is at idle? Say the very common 3.8 GM engine for instance. Every gas saving tip articles says not to let your car warm up for long but they...
17
17

2000 Bonneville TC lockup
A friend of mine bought a 2000 Bonneville, 3800 without supercharger, 85000 miles, and I drove it for a few miles just to see how she did. The first thing I notice going down the highway at 55 mph is...
2
2

Re: Monte Carlo 2002 3.4L - unbelievable
I'd say so. I can't imagine a Monte Carlo with a six-cylinder engine. You should at least have a 350 in there if not a 454.
1
1

Battery Insulator
The battery in my 2001 Monte Carlo has a fitted foam insulator the surrounds it on the sides. After all these years the insulator has seen better days. I'm replacing the battery. Should I acquire a...
2
2

95 GP with 3.1 surging
My 95 Pontiac GrandPrix with 3.1 is surging. Not bad, VERY subtle. I have no error codes, other than EGR (I know I have a clog) but the surge is under light acceleration, and the EGR shouldn't affect...
2
2

New Saturn Social Networking site
Check out Its a great new site from Saturn with inside info, blogs, groups, pics and videos.

Need Some Advice - 2000 Blazer Won't Start
Hey Guys: My son is broke down about 30 miles from here, and I can't get away to work on his truck. He had shut the truck off to run into a store and it would not start after. Some coughing like it...
18
18

The Great Hybrid Showdown: Chevrolet Volt vs. Toyota Prius
The Great Hybrid Showdown: Chevrolet Volt vs. Toyota Prius Paul Niedermeyer April 10, 2008 - 827 Views great hybrid showdown is coming. GM Car Czar Bob Lutz has thrown down the gauntlet: ?We are...
1
1

94 LeSabre, codes 361 & 321
My 94 LeSabre once every week or every two weeks stalls and won't start. After 10 or 15 minutes it starts again and runs OK until the next time. At that time it has the engine codes 361 and 321...

94 LeSabre, codes 361 & 321
My 94 LeSabre once every week, or every two weeks, stalls. After 10 or 15 minutes it starts again and works normaly until the next time. At the time it guives the engine codes 361 and 321, but when...
10
10

3.4 L engine - removing fuel rail and injectors
2002 Monte Carlo replacing the intake manifold gasket... Engine has been disassembled to the fuel rail. I've removed the hold down clips and the fuel rail is ready to be lifted out. ... Is this...
5
5