Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is fuel more important than food?
bread is starting to cost more dough these days. That's because the price of wheat has been steadily on the rise. In developing countries, people are eating more of it, and farmers worldwide are...

GM Lower rear shock bolt 10.9 Metric for 99 Montana
I'm desperately trying to find the lower shock bolt and nut that fits a 99 Pontiac Montana. I called several dealers and part stores and it's either a non-stock item or an unavailable part. Can anyone...
2
2

200R4 won't shift to 4th, TC not locking
Car is an '81 Cadillac deVille diesel. The transmission won't shift into overdrive and the torque converter won't lock up. This started very recently; before that it worked fine. Any ideas what...
8
8

1992 350 TBI Fuel Flow
I recently bought a 1992 Chevy Step Van to use for storage. It has a V-8 gasoline engine which I am guessing is a 350. It has TBI. It runs OK but not real good. I want to drain the fuel tank using the...

GM restores Wagoner's base salary
GM must really be doing very well (?) GM restores Wagoner's base salary -- The General Motors board has restored CEO Rick Wagoner?s base salary to its 2003 level of $2.2 million. That represents a 33...
7
7

2007 Vauxhall Astra Life estate - door lock trouble
I've been having some difficulty with locking and unlocking the doors on my Astra, but it has now become a serious problem. First, it only ever happens when I am at home and not all the time either....

reshuffling at the top
Gm is losing money and now the top brass is being reshuffled.
2
2

china connection
If you look at how the dollar yuan conversion is going then since mid 2005 the price of the dollar against the dollar is heading straight south. The conversion against the euro is also heading in the...
1
1

found a gem of a car today
It's a 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 with a 425 engine. It's in great shape, straight body. I looked underneath the car, and everything looks in good shape. The inside of the car is in great shape as...
5
5

Changing the Starter on a 96 Geo Prizm
A friend recently gave me a nice "beater" a 96 geo prizm. However, the starter motor seems to have quit. The solenoid clicks but there's no turning. Simply, I'd like to know where to look for it so I...
5
5

Re: 1994 Lumina 3.1 timing.
Specifying it was a Lumina van and not car would have eliminated the last few posts. Steve
1
1

Re: 1994 Lumina 3.1 timing.
What country are you from? Steve

Independent-minded tinkerer takes on GM's vital Volt
Independent-minded tinkerer takes on GM's vital Volt future of General Motors (GM), at least the most electrifying part of it, rests on the slim shoulders of Frank Weber. He is responsible for the...
2
2

Tesla: Little electric roadster that could
Tesla: Little electric roadster that could CARLOS, Calif. ? A little roadster that goes into regular production in two weeks is already electrifying the auto industry. It's not about promises that the...
1
1

Alero possible head or manifold gasket leak?
I have a 2000 alero 3.4 w/ 144000 miles and it was missing off of a cold start for a while. And I had to add antifreeze once. I replaced the surge tank cap and I didn't have to add anymore. But I...
14
14