Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Best Used Cars vs. Worst Used Cars
CHEVY VEGA !! ;o)

1995 lesabre backfires and quits after starter is released.
I have a 1995 buick lesabre with 105,000 mi on it. It was running fine then Yesterday. I went to start it today It was cold -13 and it would not start. Checked the battery, it was real low. Ok fine I...
16
16

Starter problem? Starter runs, pauses for a fraction of a second [no sound], then continues to run.
When starting my 98 sunfire, a few times a week the starter will turn over a for a second or two, stop for a quarter second, and then continue turning and start the car. When the starter stops for...
2
2

Oil Life Monitor
On our new HHR there is an oil life monitor on the driver info. When I was looking at the manual for recommended oil change intervals. There are none except for when the monitor tells you it's time....
7
7

Very sluggish, low power on start up.
I have a 1991 fuel injected GM 366 on propane. It was running excellent until a few days ago. It has very little power on start up. After a few seconds on flat ground, it picks up speed quickly and...

Auto Headlight help
Hello. My 2003 Buick Le Sabre just lost the low beam headlights. I was in the driveway with the engine running and the lights on(auto). I turned them off with the twi-light switch, and now I have no...
6
6

GMC
Watching a commercial on "This Old House".... The phrase that caught my attention was; "GMC....we're PROFESSIONAL grade !!" If one were to compare a GMC truck against its comparable Chevy...

Another "vent"
AC compressor on my FIL's GMC Sonoma pickup (2.2 litre) started making noise a few weeks ago. Still cools. I thought I might be lucky, and it would just be a compressor clutch. Not so..The compressor...
2
2

GM Onstar
Just bought a Chevy HHR. Really like it so far, but then only had it a week. It has the OnStar Safe and Sound package, which I guess they all do. It is free the first year. I guess it has some nice...
1
1

2004 buick dipstick
Anyone know the amount of oil represented for each 'between the dot'? Also, normal oil consumption for the 3800 SC engine? Thanks all...
2
2

hep, i can't remove my key
I have a 93 vet....i guess that my problem is not vette specific. i can shut of my engine with the key but cannot turn the key to the off position and i can't extract the key unless the key goes all...
3
3

GM looks to slim down, save billions
GM looks to slim down, save billions Motors Corp. will offer retirement incentives to 46,000 of its hourly workers next month as part of a plan to cut labor costs, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer...

Employees wary of taking offers in a rough economy
Employees wary of taking offers in a rough economy Goss didn't bite at General Motors Corp.'s last retirement and buyout offers and said he likes his job as a quality auditor at the Orion Assembly...

TOM WALSH: Now we see just how UAW deal saves GM
TOM WALSH: Now we see just how UAW deal saves GM fall, General Motors Corp. cut a new contract with the UAW that allows the company to hire thousands of hourly workers at less than half of the...

Alternative energy
I have recently acquired an electric scooter which I would like to use as local transportation. My problem is it has four rechargeable 12v batteries all hooked up together in its chassis and I need to...
4
4