Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Warranty on brakes????
In case of wobbling brakes, does GM cover it under their warranty? thnx
15
15

Wont start when hot unless floored
Hi; I have a 2000 S-10 with a 2200 engine. When the car gets to operating temperature, and is shut off, it will not restart. It will turn over as expected, but the engine will not fire. If I hold the...
1
1

'98 LSS flakey turn signal
The left signal won't flash, it just stays lit continuously. The right signal works fine, and the hazards work properly. The bulbs appear to be all lit. Nothing lights up on the right that doesn't on...
2
2

play in front tire
96 Cavalier. 90,000 miles. If I were to jack up the front end, grab the front tire at the three and nine o'clock position, and force it back and forth, I will get some movement. Not a sloppy back and...
2
2

95 olds ninety eight dies/ starts right back up year old problem no one can fix
we have a '95 olds ninety eight loaded to the hilt, you will be driving along and the engine quits, when it does this at the same time it puts our in the information panel on the dash Engine Hot A/C...
3
3

Autoworkers' strike still looms over GM
Autoworkers' strike still looms over GM ? As contract negotiations grind on between the United Auto Workers union and General Motors (GM) a week after the last pact expired, antsy local union leaders...

Wont Start when hot unless floored???
Hi; Have a 2000 S-10. It has EFI. It starts right up when it is cold. When it has been running, it will not restart. It turns over just fine, but will not fire. If I hold the accelerator all the way...
2
2

Re: 2004 malibu power window switch
Don't know how the 04 comes out - just take the door panel off and you'll be able to see how the switches secure from the back.
2
2

GM may demand big UAW givebacks
GM may demand big UAW givebacks Motors Corp. and the United Auto Workers were locked in a tense standoff Thursday after UAW President Ron Gettelfinger rejected a major GM proposal to create a health...

Pressure on GM goes up for every day auto contract talks drag on
Pressure on GM goes up for every day auto contract talks drag on after days and days of going round and round about how to get a $50-billion commitment for future retiree health care off General...

91 Corsica W 3.1l V6 stalls after 2 to 3 minutes
I know that the ECM runs "open loop" for the first 2 minutes (or when it heats up), so I figure that a sensor is telling the ECM something that is starving the engine when the Open loop phase is over....
1
1

Re: 2004 malibu power window switch
Dont know if it's anything like a '98 Malibu but IIRC you pry the bottom side up (clip) and the forward side(front end side) then comes out of a slot. Had to take mine out to clean the contact switch...
1
1

GM Ebgine tilt tool
Hi i was looking for one of these to get at the spark plugs etc in the back of the engines and I found 2 items both by lisle tools LIS22550 the old tool just a screww attached to a mount LIS-48260 the...
4
4

Re: 2007 - 2008 Impala - Missing Window Switches?
3
3

2007 - 2008 Impala - Missing Window Switches?
When I was at Chevy the other day picking up a gas filter I picked up a 2008 Impala cataloge. When I looked at it at home it appears that there are no power window switches on the rear door panels. On...