1960 Mercury Comet Price?

We have a 1960 Mercury Comet. Original Owners. Approx 100K mi, V6, 4 Door, all original. Is in realative condition good & nothing has been replaced/redone except the back seat was just reupholstered. Does anyone know what this car might be worth? Car is located in Sacramento, CA.

Reply to
jsader

See the classic car section.

Reply to
doane_nut

A V6 ??????

Reply to
Roy

To someone like me thats 2000 miles away, couple hundred bucks maybe....

Reply to
abomb69

One can find the current price at nadaguides.com. The 1960 Comet did not have a V6. The standard engine was a 170 CID straight six. The optional engine was a 200 CID straight six as, I recall. The cost when new was around $2,100, today one in top condition should be worth around $7,000, average around $3,500

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Engine is a straight six not a V6.

Reply to
jsader

Don't you think a Ford newsgroup would be a better place for this question?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I would say maybe $4k.

Reply to
Dick O. Steele

Would you pay that for it, Dick...

Reply to
<HLS

If it were a two door it would be much more of a high-demand car. Back in the day, no kid would want a four door Comet and I don't think it's much different now. There's just nothing that cool about it; other than that it's old. If it was a two door, then you'd have something. My very first car was a '62 Mercury Meteor 2-door, and it had a 221 c.i. V8, black, and was a pretty cool looking car, and even better when I put chrome wheels on it. It was actually fairly quick, also.

Reply to
James Goforth

I didn't want it then and certainly not now.

I'd then give it a 1 sec longer glance.

Yes much better, built of more quality than the lower priced Comet. I had a friend with that Comet, troubles!

Reply to
who