1973 El Camino

I'd like to replace the seat/shoulder belt system in my 1973 El Camino with up-to-date equipment that has only one latch instead of the "hook the shoulder belt to the seat belt and then attach the seat belt to
the anchor", but need to know: 1. If there is such an update system and . . . 2. Where can I get such if available? I see in JC Whitney that there is a universal type but don't know if it will work in my car. They don't either.
I'm typing off a pretty good drunk from WIld Turkey so bear with me. I remember that belt system, My 73 Impala had it as well.
The one thing I can think of is to check out the seat belt set up in the last year the EL Camino was made. You might be able to use it as I would thing it would be close to the correct legnth of belt you would need for the type of vehicle your putting it in.
You would no doubt have to do some major modifications in the side wall of the cab. The way the belt would be anchored in your 73 - compared to how the belts were anchored ( say in an 88 EL C) are two different things.
Its probably going to be a big project. The buckle portion on the newer EL C's may be fastened directly to the seat frame insted of anchpred to the floor, like your 73.
A body shop might also be able to advise you.
Good Luck
harryface

Hey fellow 3800-lover. I found out something years ago about that WT--it's that last 1 unit of proof that causes headaches & hangovers. Next bottle, let it sit 24 hours; carefully open it; siphon off all but the last 1/2 oz.; pour that 1/2 oz into another container. Now, what you siphoned off, return to bottle. Drink up! Luck to you, s
coffee lover Said:

So you have MAMBO #5 in the back window???????????