1978 gm 350 engine

looking to find out why I would have gasoline coming out of my oil stick?

Flooding carb, ruptured fuel pump diaphragm.

-
Shep wrote:

I'm going with the fuel pump. It's hard to get that much gas in the oil from the carb. I had a real heavy float nd drove it a long time, never having noticeable dilution. Fortunately, he's got about the cheapest fuel pump to replace of anything.
My 1977 Olds 350 R code engine had a problem with fuel in the oil. Found it when I drained 3.5 gals. out of the oil pan. The secondary's were hanging open and dumping fuel past the rings into the crankcase. Had to rebuild the 4 barrel, cured the problem.
Side note, when the buyer of the car went to rebuild it at 168,000 miles he couldn't believe how clean the engine was inside !! ;-)