1978 SedanDeVille Mint Worth HOT RODDING?

I own a 1978 Cadillac Sedan Deville in immaculate condition that runs EXCELLENT. It has 140,000 original miles and a 425 cu.in. engine. I am looking to build an old model "hot-rod" that's not seen every day. Would this vehicle qualify? If so what's involved and who can I turn to for engine/suspension and drive-train parts? It seems Caddy motors are a forgotten breed when it comes to performance upgrades. Is this because it shouldn't be done? I'm 37 and don't want a buzzing rice burner all the "kids" have. I appreciate American muscle and love the looks on peoples' faces when they see a 4,000 pound-plus car lighting its tires and taking off. I've heard it said that there is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT and I totally agree. Hitting the gas and going fast without waiting for a turbo to spool-up or worrying that your horizontally mounted motor/tranny combo in your fwd car is going to fall out is comforting. ANY ideas and/or suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Freddy snipped-for-privacy@goldiesplating.com

Reply to
Goldies Gold Plating

appreciated!!!