1983 Pontiac 6000

Ok got a different one for y'all
1983 Pontiac 6000, 2.8 V6. 103K miles (yes that is accurate) Stalls when at operation temp, ONLY when making slow turns after driving. For
example....coming home from an errand and it stalls out as you turn into the driveway.(and every time you make a slow turn, left or right...)
I do not think it is in the column because it is all good when cold. The warmer it gets (both ambient air temp, and engine operating temp) the more it stalls. Car does start back up after a few seconds.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Eightupman
Idle rpm's too low? H

at
the
Nope.....RPM's at 700 at idle, and adjusts accordingly (IE idle solenoid adjusts when AC come on.....)
Thought about the possibility of something in the column turning the car off, but is sounds like it boggs down first as opposed to just shutting down.

Does that car have a lock up torque convertor? H
Yep, thought about that too. But if the TCC solenoid is stuck, wouldn't it die as soon as you dropped it in gear?

it
No. It would be easy enough to check. Get it to do it again, then try coasting (in neutral) into a few corners and see if it stops. H
Ok...thanks

"Eightupman" wrote:
1983 Pontiac 6000, 2.8 V6. 103K miles
Stalls when at operation temp, ONLY when making slow turns after driving. For example stalls out as you turn into the driveway (and every time you make a slow turn, left or right...) It is all good when cold. The warmer it gets (both ambient air temp, and engine operating temp) the more it stalls. Car does start back up after a few seconds.
Doesn't shut off, just bogs down until it dies.
Any ideas? ________________________________________________
Frozen ball joints bog down P/S pump? P/S pump seizing up? Float level too high (if Carbureted)?
No insight here; just random thoughts.
Good luck.

With only 103K and owned by a lil ol lady it is doubtful.

If this were the case I would hope the belt would squeal like pig and smoke horribly. If the motor was that underpowered, I would think it would not move the car

Possible....but I would suspect if the float were bad, it would sink and cause a flooding condition and stalling under any condition.

I am not saying that these are not possible, but I can't come up with any reasonable explanation why any of these WOULD be the problem. I am thinking it is the TCC solenoid possibility more and more.......
Thanks
Eightupman