1984 Olds Toronado 350 FWD

I have a problem with this car, when I press the brake the parking lights come one too, and when the parking lights are on, if I turn on the left turn
signal, the hazards come on, it works fine on the right side, I also have been blowing a fuse maybe once a month, I cant figure out and problems, any suggestions
I don't have the schematic in front of me, but am pretty sure the turn signal switch, which includes it's own wiring harness, all in the steering column, is likely to blame here. GW
abomb6900 wrote:

I have checked all the wires within the steering clum harness and they are all in good shape

I had a similar problem in my 81 El Camino,
the problem was a bitch to find, turned out, it was a shorted marker light bulb socket. This puppy defied any realistic test, pull the light switch, got power, signal for turn, got power. when I cut the wires, the problem dissappeared, a new socket fixed it. The socket looked ok, but was smashed, and shorted . A shorted socket allowed left turn signal impulses to travel through entire running light circut, causing all lights to blink.
Sounds like a logical explanation, I will check that out

If the switch works fine one way, and weird stuff happens the other way....replace the switch. Strangely enough the wiring for the brakes and hazards goes through there. GW
abomb6900 wrote:

Check to make sure all the bulbs are the correct ones. H