1985 Blazer S-10 Cruise switch problems

OK.. so I replaced my turn signal/cruise lever (it was worn,cracked,falling apart,malfunctioning).. The cruise did not work initially..then I found the switch (above the brake switch) that contacts the brake pedal which controls I guess the on/off of the cruise function had slipped upwards so that the pedal could not contact it. I adjusted the switch so that it would contact the pedal properly and the cruise did work then... However, here is the problem.. With the cruise pedal switch working...the transmission now roughly shifts way to soon and almost completely skips second gear.. All the gears change to soon as well..reaching OverDrive at roughly 35-40 mph.. I backed the switch out so it wouldnt contact the pedal and it went back to shifting correctly (but ofcourse..no cruise control) I also did notice that while driving and reaching down and depressing the switch there seems to be slight difference in the overdrive gear. With the cruise switch depressed the overdrive gear seems to be a bit TALLER...or rather the RPMs drop off a bit.

Anyone know what may be the problem with the shifting change with the cruise switch active? I would like to have the cruise but the shifting is horrid.

BTW This truck is a midsize 1985 Blazer Tahoe(S-10) with a 350 V-8 Conversion and a 700R Transmission

TIA

Reply to
M78Ultra

Anybody have any ideas?... All I can think of is to change out all the vacuum hoses and T valves that lead to and from the cruise...since they are a bit weathered and starting to show signs of dryness. TIA

worn,cracked,falling

Reply to
M78Ultra