1985 Buick Regal

My water tempeture lite comes on and stays on . But my car engine is cold. I have changed the sensor checked anti freeze. Everything is fine, what else should I do? It runs great.

Sounds like you either: A. Changed the wrong sensor, there are usually two or three that look the same. B. Have a short in the wire.
GW
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I agree....probably changed the one that senses when the AC is on.
That is if there is one? Now I am sitting here thinking to myself did the Regal have more than one sensor???
John

It would. One tells the computer how warm the engine is. One is in charge of the idiot light. and if so equipped, another one runs the gauge.
I have no clue what your AC comment is referring to. Never heard of an "is the AC on sensor". GW