1985 GMC Jimmy

Anyone know where the oxygen sensor is on 5.0 ltr? As a rank amateur, a detailed description would be appreciated.

Correct me if wrong but I think a 98 Jimmy has 3 oxygen sensors on it. One is in the exhaust system left side near the motor.

1985, not 1998.
"Tim or Linda snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net>" <lt<dot> wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@spamthis.com says...

It should be in the drivers side exhaust manifold.
Dennis Smith
The only thing I could find there was just below the spark plugs. It's hard to tell if it's actually going into the exhaust manifold or not because of the limited visibility, but it has a single thin-gauge wire going to it that goes into a yellow plastic or ceramic connector. This connector is attached at the top of the device at a right angle, as if it's snapped onto the tip. From what others are telling me, this is the temperature sending unit.
Could you describe what it looks like, and some of the other items near it? The new sensor I have is a non-oem unit, so I'm assuming that it doesn't look exactly the same.
says...

I know yours is a 85 and mine is still a 98. I was saying is I have 3 and I know one is on the exhaust. Was trying to help you.

"Tim or Linda snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net>" <lt<dot> wrote in message

1985's only have ONE. Very little driveline wise is the same from 1985 to 1998. Charles

and
1985
I assumed an S-15 Jimmy. In 1985 it also came in Full Size, which shares next to nothing with a 1998 S-15 Jimmy. Charles

Was this Jimmy built for California emissions?
Nope.

Well, you might as well stop your search for the oxygen sensor. A 1985 Jimmy w/5.0 built for 49 state emissions (federal) did not have an oxygen sensor as factory equipment.

Which Engine? 2.5L I-4, 2.8L V6 or 4.3L V6 (carburated, late 1985 vehicals). Charles

Disregaurd. I didn't even notice you were talking abount a C-15/K-15 Full Size Jimmy.