1986 BUICK QUESTION

I HAVE A 1986 Buick Riviera I was wondering what would cause the ignition module to constantly have to be replaced.

I've seen faulty ones (well, it was one) brand new from the auto parts store before.
Does it have my favoirite 3.8LV6? Just love that engine.
-b

rough but that car amazes me with the mileage. Consistently 27 mpg on open suburban driving. With the gas prices what they are, It's becoming my most used vehicle.

coating of dielectric grease (the new module should come with a small capsule of it) to the bottom of the new module before installing it. If you don't do this, the module will overheat and die. Also, if this isn't the case, be careful not to touch the terminals on the module because you could kill it with static electricity. A third possibility is bad wiring that is shorting the module out. Rich B
Yes the car had the 3.8 v-6 engine the car runs excellent but sometimes it will just get cranky also the garage that put the module on did not use any of that grease i will check in to having it replaced correctly thanks you everyone for all the excellent help it made things alot easier thanks again :)