1986 Cadillac Climate Control Has Mind of its Own

I have a 1986 Cadillac Sedan Deville with front wheel drive and a 4100 V-8 engine. The electronic climate control, for some reason, will come on even after the engine is shut off and the key removed. The blower fan comes on in my absence and leaves me with a dead battery later on. With the engine running, the high speed and low speed buttons are not responsive. However, the "off" button will shut the air conditioning off if pressed while the engine is running. I've had to disconnect the battery every time I park. When I reconnect the battery, with no key in the ignition, I can hear the audible come on inside the car and the fan blower come on as well.

I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem. Any advice would be appreciated -- Shar

Reply to
shar

Shep

It would be helpful to read what trouble codes are present, especially BCM codes, but when you disconnect the battery any codes are wiped out.

The next time you do some significant time driving, and before you do the evening disconnect, check the OBD system for trouble codes.

I keep thinking there may be a problem with the ignition switch.......but?

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt