1988 DeVille: is the 4.5L the best V8?

Gentlemen,

1988 Sedan DeVille, 4.5L, 144K, 1K since top end overhaul.

Some Caddy questions:

  1. In your opinion which is the most reliable, efficient, easy to maintain Caddy V8: the 4.5?

  1. I'm getting 18mpg in town (feather footing) and a solid 24+ mpg on the road using regular. Is this about right for this motor?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

for me it's been the 4.9L in my 94. Our 89 with th 4.5 was decent too.

Seems pretty good. Again, with the 94 4.9L, we get about 17 city and 27-30 highway...

But, if the engine is rated for premium, Id' use that. When gas was hovering about $2 last summer I used some reg. cost less, but the savings was lost when milage dropped to just over 12 mpg city and mid 20's highway - just not cost efffective regardless of the fact that I had no other noticable effects from using the 87 octane. I normally run 90 and have seen no diff between that and

92 here in MN as far as mpg or perfromance...

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir

I get the same mileage in my '95 Buick Roadmaster Limited with the LT-1 =

350 V-8 Chevy motor. 260 HP, 335 lbs./ft of torque, RWD, dual = exhausts,.....good highway cruiser!
Reply to
Jeremiah

Reply to
Bill