1988 Olds 88 Won't Start-HELP!!!

I have a 1988 88 that will not start. It seemed fine for awhile and for the last few days it have seemed to want to start slowly (i.e. like a dead battery). Today, I get nothing. There is not clicking (like a
starter problem), the lights and all of the instruments light up okay but it is just dead when I turn the key over. Any suggestions?

'like a dead battery'??.....get the battery tested and then buy a new one.
Dave S(Texas)
here might be a neutrol switch problem. in addition to battery. since the battery is rotating slowly the day before, itis definately needs new batteries. since is isnot clicking now (you can turn the lights on), itmust be a switch or a control device. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote: