1988 park ave seat motor

recently my wife decided to move her seat to the far back position. (electric seat). now seat will not go forward or back. I had another conrol switch and tried it. no luck. I was able to put voltmeter on switch
contacts and could see 12 volts appear on 1 contact when asked to move seat forward. and could see 12 volts on another contact when asked to move seat backwards. i was using body chasis for ground. all other switches of seat controls work. up and down. ect.
I will assume that the motor on the seat for foward and backward has gone bad. I was going to take a look under seat today to see if I could see maybe a loose plug. the spirit was willing but the knees were weak.
how diffucult is replacing a seat motor? I will assume seat needs to be removed for replacement. Is there anything else I can check before buying a seat motor?
thanks rod
Rod wrote:

I would check to see if the slides are jammed up with dirt and gunk. Look for a bent part. With the engine off and lights on, do the lights dim when you try to move the seat?

Try helping the seat move forward while activating the switch. HE sits in back seat & pushes with knees/feet while SHE moves switch forward. CAREFUL to not hurt your back! I have seen a seat move a bit too far along its track to cooperate with moving back on next attempt. Hope this helps. s.

thanks for inputs from all.
I was able to switch plugs under seat with other motor. now one of the tilt controls will move seat forward and reverse. I was able to put volt meter on plug originaly used for front to back and got different results then when testing at switch. only 12 volts going forward and 0 volts going back. (again using chasis for ground). the motor looks fairly simple 2 leads. I will assume that I have two bad switch controls??? who would of thought that? not me.
I take it that the switch applys ground and 12 volts to motor and then when going other direction it switchs ground and 12 volts.
now my wife can remove booster seat when driving.
thanks rod