1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 wants to die at idle

Hello all...
I've got a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 3.1 that runs and drives well in every way except one--sometimes at idle or when coming to a stop, it will simply
die. It always starts right back up again like nothing happened, and has never turned on the Service Engine Soon light.
At times I get a warning in the way the tachometer behaves. The needle will "flutter" below 1000 RPM. It doesn't always stall when it does this, but it's a pretty good indication of whether it will or not.
William
On Jul 20, 11:02 pm, "William R. Walsh"

Lots can cause it, but one to check is the fuel filter. Ever get it changed?
It also could be a bad crankshaft sensor; I had the same thing happen with my 92 Lumina. Roy