1990 Cutlass Ciera..power windows not working...furthur saga

Since my earlier post I found that 4 wires were broken in the rubber boot between the car and the drivers door...I have since repaired the wires and all but the drivers window are now working...however my
question is how do I remove the power window motor?...I have ground off the rivits that hold it in place but am stuck about how to proceed. Any help appreciated...thank you Chuck
Is the motor broken?

Steve Mackie wrote:

HI Steve, The motor did work before it completely failed...The thermal cutout was defective as I could only move the window in one inch increments until it cooled down....Voltage is there but it is not moving an inch now. I just cant figure out how to remove the motor/track assemble to replace it. Chuck
Steve Mackie wrote:

HI Steve, The motor did work before it completely failed...The thermal cutout was defective as I could only move the window in one inch increments until it cooled down....Voltage is there but it is not moving an inch now. I just cant figure out how to remove the motor/track assemble to replace it. Chuck

Trying to remember back about 8 years ago when I replaced myone & only window motor. I think my motor was riveted to the regulator. I also remember having to get something in sync ( the glass & regulator positioning ) upon reassembly because when I reassembled it the window went half way up and the motor shut off. Went down fine.
Having a GM service manual helps.
Good Luck
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,383 miles