1990 LeSabre top speed?

I was watching a police chase show on TV a few minutes ago. A cop was chasing a '90 LeSabre at speeds approaching 120 MPH. Two questions:
1. Wouldn't this car have a fuel cutoff at around 109 MPH or were they not
implemented on the '86 to '91 LeSabre?
2. If no fuel cutoff, then what is the top speed of a stock LeSabre? I assume you'd need to measure the speed externally since the speedo only measures 85 MPH (unless you have the sport or digital cluster).
Just curious - I'm really bored right now. :)
Roger
My understanding is that pretty much all GM vehicles have had some kind of speed limiter on them, except for some of the highest-performance vehicles like the Corvette, Camaro and Firebird. Usually the speed limiter is set to correspond to the speed rating of the tires, though it's sometimes less when the vehicle is available with multiple speed-ratings of tires and the limiter is all the same.
The exact speed would vary depending on the vehicle. However, I think that at those speeds, the analog speedometer display tends to be inaccurate..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
The speed limiter on pre-'85 LeSabres was the boxy shape pushing through air. :-) Most likely the carb jetting for emissions/economy in the V-8s. My dad's '61 LeSabre had a limiter .. . a speed "buzzer" that could be preset for any speed. Scared the begeezers out of me the first time I heard it .. . thought I had dropped a tailpipe .. . sounded like metal dragging over concrete. That car had all the bells, whistles and buzzers (plus a reflecting mirror for the speedo). ..

not
Sounds like "inflation" to me. Just like when they put a dollar value on drug busts.

Lesabres are pretty quick cars. The ones I've owned (one 89 and two 90s) all cut off at around195kph (which is what, about 115 mph?), and at that speed, the car is panting pretty heavily (We have an old airfield near here that you can take your car out and rip'her down to play at stupid speeds without endangering anyone other then yourself :) ).....
I would think that even without the cutoff, the car wouldn't hit more then maybe 130mph, and then only if you had it floored for 5 minutes, going down hill, with a strong tail wind...... :) Also, you'd be running close to the rev-limiter at that speed.

not