1991 CORSICA

DRIVEN ABOUT 5-6 MILES, TEMP. GUAGE SHOWS HOT, AND AUTO STOPS RUNNING. WILL START AGAIN AFTER APPROX. 30 MIN. BUZZ

I'd have the cooling system checked. The corsica is well known for flaky gauges. My 93 shows it running hot, but not in the red overheating zone, most the time. But the ODB reader shows a constant 196 F temp on the system...
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
DO YOU USE CAPS MUCH ????

Could be a flaky electronic component, try some circut cooler on the crank sensor, coil packs, and other fun stuff. I'm guessing here, but my guess is the engine isn't overheating. A lower temp thermostat might be worth a try, along with a new radiator cap