1992 Buick Regal GS instrument lights ?

Have a 1992 Buick Regal GS, the instrument lights don't come on anymore. It did work at one time, and they are the ones that come on only when it's dark enough. I know it must be a sensor or module, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. Curious which one and where it is located on the vehicle. It's Canadian built and equipped with daytime running lights.

Thanks

Reply to
buick69

Are all the lights on your instrument cluster out? What about the clock radio and the heater/AC controls? What if you turn the lights on manually, do they come on then? As far as I know, the Regal doesn't have any special module to turn the instrument lights on. They just come on whenever the headlights do. Such as when it's dark. I do remember that in some car I drove, several of the bulbs behind the instrument cluster were burnt out. All I had to do was take the cluster out and replace the bulbs. However, if your radio and heat/AC controls aren't lighting up either, then it may be something else.

Reply to
80 Knight

Most likely the dash mounted headlight switch. These are a fairly common failure point.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

None of the lights come on even when I turn the headlights on myself. This includes the heater controls, shift indicator (console), these all used to work, and then would work sometimes, now not at all.

Reply to
buick69

Like I said...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Like Mike said, probably your actual headlight switch. Try going to a wreaking yard and swapping one out. See if that fixes the problem.

Reply to
80 Knight