1992 Buick Roadmaster Factory repair manual ?

I could use a 1992 Buick Road master Factory repair manual, I believe it contains the Estate Wagon. I would like to reprogram the door locks and I am told the factory manual has the info in it. The local Buick dealer will do it for me at a cost but I believe I could use the manual anyway for future reference.

Thank You, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Yes they're great to have!

Check this outfit's eBay store...

There might be a whole set for your car, grab them all... be sure to ask for the real factory manuals.

when it comes time to sell off the car, they're a good selling feature. If the car it totaled/stolen/or whatever, they're easy to sell on eBay.

If/when you ever buy a new car, get the dealer to throw in a set as part of the deal...

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

105.00 for the real factory book.
Reply to
Steve W.

Exactly what do you want to reprogram?

I have the 92 Caprice FSM (not for sale!) which is essentially the same car.

Here is how you program the receiver from the book.

  1. The receiver is located underneath the the rear seat to back window panel (Picture in book appears to be talking about the rear deck right next to the speakers.)

2 Follow the harness and you will see a 2 prong connector. Use a fused jumper to jumper the pins together.

  1. You will hear the locks cycle, indicating you are in program mode.

4.Depress any button on the transmitter ONCE and only ONCE. You will hear the locks cycle indicating the transmitter is programmed.

  1. Repeat for the second transmitter.

6, Remove the jumper.

That should do it.....

BTW it looks like the connector might be behind the carpeting in the trunk. Just locate the module and follow the harness to find it.

Good luck!

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Simon; I guess I can be more specific. The problem I have is that the roadmaster will LOCK the doors when the car is put into PARK when you stop. The car will NOT lock the doors when you move the shift lever from PARK to Drive as if you were going somewhere. The Roadmaster will also LOCK the doors at different times during the day after the ignition is shut off and the keys are removed. All the doors lock after about an hour EXCEPT the drivers door. It never locks in this automatic lock mode. The door locks on each door do not unlock any doors. The door lock on the drivers side only locks the doors but does not unlock any door. All unlocking must be done manually via the key or by pushing the lock/unlock lever up or down as required.

I have gone through the description of my problems to give you an idea of the issues.

My local Buick dealership service department suggested the "computer" may have misprogrammed itself and needs to be "reprogrammed". The service department says the computer can be reset to factory specs through a series of pressing the lock/unlock buttons at the correct time in the correct sequence. If I am going to do much of my own maintenance, they suggest I purchase a factory repair manual which has the sequence in it. As well as Buick specific info.

That is why I wanted the factory manual. To accomplish the reprogramming of the computer if possible.

By the way. The auto is a 1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 177000 miles, digital climate control. I really love this car. Doesn't burn any oil and gets about 19 miles/gallon mostly around town. Milage drops to about 10/13 when pulling the horse trailer with horses.

Thanks for your help. Dan

Reply to
dan

Ok it appears that the model you have might use a different kind of RKE system from the Caprice.

Is it normal for the doors to lock at say 15mph or so like many modern cars do, or is this locking unlocking when the car starts traveling normal?

IOW, what I am trying to understand is do you have more advanced features other than just pressing the remote buttons to lock/unlock the doors?

Does the drivers door lock allow you to unlock other doors by holding the key or something like that? Does putting the car in Park NORMALLY unlock the doors?

The Caprice system is strictly lock/unlock.. No other features.

It sounds like either a misprogrammed/broken RKE receiver or a combination of problems.

If the car is supposed to unlock/lock when the shift lever is in park/drive, then there has to be a switch somewhere in the column that let's it know what to do. If there is one in the steering column it's more than likely going to be a nightmare to replace/adjust. I don't know, I am guessing here (except for the nightmare, I replaced a turn signal switch in my 92 Caprice and it was not fun).

Also, you might try taking the battery out of one transmitter at a time, because the carbon buttons that are in these things sometimes make contact when they are not supposed to and will lock/unlock the car.

This might screw up your programming though!!

Reply to
Simon