1992 Chevy Lumina

How hard is it to change Rear Shocks for a 1992 chevy lumina? and if You know how to please help by telling me how? I just bought this car and I know they need to be changed, but I not know how to do it and not
have the money to take to shop. These are gas shocks if that help's. Thank you if any help.

Your best bet is to go to any aftermarket auto parts store and pick up a Haynes manual for your year/make/model of car. They're under $20 and contain a wealth of DIY information. Well documented with photos as well.
I don't know if the '92 Lumina has a simple shock or a McPhearson strut in the rear, but if it's not a strut, replacing the shocks is a walk in the park. Simply unbolt the old and bolt in the new. One quick look underneath it will make it obvious. If they are struts, you'll have to remove the strut and take it somewhere that can compress the strut. My guess is that they are not struts, but you can't count on that guess.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

-

I was afraid that might be the case. I knew that the Buick Park Ave of that year had struts, but I wasn't sure about other body styles. I'm guessing they are like the Park Ave then, and are not replaceable cartridges, as well - meaning a complete spring compression and strut replacement.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike they have the single leaf transverse spring and the auxiliary spring that fits on the spring/strut bracket is where the trouble lies.

-