1992 Lumina Low Coolant Light Problem?

I have a 1992 Chevy Lumina with about 48K miles. Today when I was driving I noticed the low coolant light was on. There was plenty of antifreeze in
the overflow tank and I wasn't far from home so I went there and after the car cooled down a bit I removed the radiator cap and the radiator was full to the top. I did notice that it didn't hiss out any air when I removed the cap. I don't know if that is any indication of anything. Does this indicate that I have a bad low coolant light sensor or could the radiator be plugged and not circulating any coolant? Any help provided is much appreciated. Thank you. Joe

The instrument clusters on that era GM cars were terrible. I had a 1990, two 1991's, and a 1992, and all of them had at least one light on the dash at all times. It was usually the 'low fuel' light, but the others came and went when they pleased. My dad's old '88 6000 always had the 'low coolant' light on as well. Not saying you shouldn't check it out, but I'm just telling you what I have experienced.

It's common enough to find the coolant level sensor in the overflow tank to go bad.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net