1992 Oldsmoble Silhouette - Windshield Wiper Arm ?

I need to take off the wiper arm (not the wiper blade) and I am having problems. I remove the nut and try to pull the arm off the threaded stud with no success.
Is there something else that holds this on? The reason I need to take it off is to repair the wind shield washer hoses and to do this you have to take off the black "screen" (for lack of a better term) right below the wind shield.
Thanks Chris