1993 Buick Rivera

Hey I just replaced the starter on my river and it starts but when I tried to drive the car I switch it from park to drive and when I push on the gas pedal it dosen't move just sits there and revs up is there something I did wrong when changing the starter or is something else broken

Reply to
cs75094

If your car's engine revs up and the car don't move forward or backwards the transmission isn't engaging. Was it doing this prior to the starter work?

The starter only starts the car, once the engine's running the starter's job is done till the next time you try to start it.

Check the trans oil level. When was the trans oil last changed?

Good luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,062 91 Bonneville LE 304,345
Reply to
Harry Face

did you take the shift cable off to get to starter!?

Reply to
oldkid

Transmission issue, not starter at this point. Check fluid and tranny linkage/ adjustment.

Reply to
<HLS