1993 Chevrolet Lumina APV

I just bought this van and in the last week I have noticed a vibration in the front end but only when you go over 50mph. If you tuch the break it stops or if you let off the gass it stops. Does anyone have any
Ideas on what this could be. thanks Kenny

Could be several things. Could be a wheel bearing, could be a wheel out of balance, could even be a warped brake rotor, could be a worn tie rod end. Likely, the reason it stops is because by tapping the brake or by letting off the gas, you decelerate slightly below the speed at which all the black magic forces of imbalance come together. Speeding up could even change the symptoms.
Should be a cheap enough thing to take to a garage and have diagnosed if you're not incline to do such things yourself. None of the things I mentioned above are terribly expensive or difficult to do yourself if you possess a little mechanical ability, except balancing a wheel. That has to be done on a machine - any tire shop can check and balance a wheel. Usually about $10 per wheel. If it were a wheel bearing (lower on my "most likely list"), the parts are around $100 and it can be replaced in your driveway, albeit with a good deal of grunting.
Hope this helps... of course it doesn't. It just made your list of things to look at bigger...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net