1993 Jimmy neutral safety switch

So my backup lights don't work (well, they flash for moment as I move into reverse from park), and I want to replace the neutral safety switch. The
Haynes manual states that there is a spot on the switch to insert a 5/64 gauge pin to ensure that it is placed in the right position.
However, on the new part I have in front of me, I cannot find such a location anywhere. How close are the tolerances on these switches? Can I just place the transmission in neutral, mount the new switch, and be done with it, or will this lead to future problems?
The Haynes manual is no help. It even says "see illustration" which conveniently has no "gauge pin hole" location marked.
The procedure I am reading from ALLData doesn't even say anything about holes. Except for "align actuator on the switch with the holes in the shift tube."
Steve

Yep, it appears the Haynes manual is wrong. I had a look at the existing one, and there aren't even any mounting screws--it appears to snap in.
What does ALLData say about removal? I can't find any mounting screws or anything, do you just pry the old one off?
Taking off the bottom panel, it is quite hard to get to, as it is on the opposite side of the steering column. I might just have GM do this, and pay the hour of labor+part they will charge. I do not want to have this fail in the middle of the winter and not be able to start due to an improper installation.
Conan Ford wrote:

netural, and gently snugging bolts, than I have a friend hold the key in start position, and gently rock the switch until the starter engages, at that point, the screws are tightened