1993 lumina transmission

My Lumina trasmission will not go into reverse, I had just changed the fluid and filter abaout a month or two ago, and now it is doing this. It shifts fine in drive, and does not slip. It is a 3 speed
transmission. Any thoughts on what it could be? Do I need to have it rebuilt or replaced? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It may be a broken low/reverse band that is not used except in low range and reverse. In drive a one way clutch takes the place of the band's function. I would have it checked out by an expert. Roy