1993 Oldsmobile Royale - Service Engine Soon Light

Greetings all, I've got a 1993 Olds that recently started intermittantly showing the Service Engine Soon light, but only after it warms up.
I pulled the code and it's a 56, transmission input speed sensor
(TISS).
The car has around 164k miles.
I'm thinking either the sensor is bad, or most likely it's a problem with the wire since it's coming on only after warming up. I don't know, I guess it could be both.
Anyway...my question is, would it hurt to just leave it alone and run it as is, or should I get this fixed? It doesn't seem to affect how the car runs.
Thanks,
Phil
http://www.just-critters.com

Doubt it is the wire. Wires work in most any temperature in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. I think the polarity is reversed in Australia.
If this is a false code not relevant to the input shaft speed, yes you can drtive it.

-