1994 Buick Century safety locks

Can anyone tell me how to engage and disengage the child safety lock system that prevents rear seat passengers (children and pets) from locking or unlocking the back doors, instead of having the driver or front passenger do it?

I've looked for the usual switches in the door jambs but see nothing there.

TIA Bob snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Bob Giel

Look on the rear doors near the door lock mechanism. There should be a white instructional decal stuck there too.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,124 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

After re reading your original post again it seems confusing to me......

The child safety locks keeps rear seat passengers from opening the rear doors.

It doesn't keep rear seat passengers from being able to lock or unlock the doors ( even though they can't ). I'm not sure if the door lock buttons on the rear door panel become imobilized when the child safety locks are engaged.

When you say the driver or front passenger has to " unlock " the doors for the backseat passengers, do you mean physically open the rear door for them ? or Unlock the door using the power door lock button up front so the back seat passenger can open the rear door themselves.

Are your rear doors locked right now so that the passengers are trapped?

I have a friend that has a 92 Century, I'll ask him if his has the child safety locks & where they are located.

One other thought I had was if your not the original owner of the vehicle, a previous owner might of covered over the holes where the switches are with body puty & repainted the inside of the door jamb.

Previous owners do some strange things to their cars not thinking other people may own the car ten years later.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,629 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face